Administrative Support 2 Position
Job Title: Administrative Support 2 Application Period Opens: 5/16/2018
Salary: $26,672.14 Application Period Ends: 5/31/2018
Full-time Open to all Qualified Applicants
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Certify Firefighters, Inspectors, Investigators, ARFF, and FSE using appropriate paper work received from department
- Enters information into our data base using forms sent from departments, ie change of status forms, short forms, fire department information updates, agency updates, year-end reports
- Orders supplies
- Reconciles purchasing card statement
- Answers the telephones and greets visitors
- Provides administrative, and/or technical assistance to customers and staff
- Researches and/or resolves testing issues or questions
- Records management
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of agency rules, policies and procedures
- Ability to use computer programs, calendar functions, and electronic research sources
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize workload
- Ability to provide support services to both internal and external customers
- Ability to use proper judgment in selecting which issues to handle or re-direct
MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
One year of experience in secretarial, clerical, general office duties of moderate difficulty in an office environment. Candidate should have excellent typing skills, proficient phone skills, WorkPerfect or Microsoft experience. High School Diploma/GED required.
Other Remarks: Selected candidate subject to criminal records background and drug screening clearance.
To Apply: Submit a completed state employment application https://dps.georgia.gov/sites/dps.georgia.gov/files/related_files/site_page/stateapp.pdf to Jan Mathis at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Georgia Firefighter Standards and Training Council, 1000 Indian Springs Dr, Forsyth, Georgia 31029, no later than 5:00 pm of the deadline date.
All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Initial screening is by application review only. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted for interview appointment. GFSTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.